UTWT Virtual Club offers a series of Virtual Races on an original digital platform created for trail running. Entry into these Virtual Races is free.
Virtual Races overview
Runners can take part in the Virtual Races wherever they are, using their own tracking tool. They will then upload their activities or GPX tracks on the official platform and find their results there.
Liability and Insurance
You are responsible for your own race and GPS / tracking system.
This is not an official competition, it is a virtual, individual and free operation. Consequently, all runners participate under their own responsibility. Physical activity requires good training and all participants declare that they are healthy and fit for the challenge. By subscribing to the operation, you expressly agree to participate under your own responsibility. You expressly agree to release the organization from any and all liability in connection with your athletic activities and you also agree that in no event shall the organization be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the UTWT Virtual Club.
- The platform takes into consideration the kilometer-effort: for any gain of 100m in elevation, one kilometer is added to the distance of the route.
A distance of 170km and 1000m of D+, will count for 170 + 10 = 180 km/effort
A distance of 80km and 6000m of D+, will count for 80 + 60 = 140km/effort.
- The Virtual Race must be completed by walking/running (max speed of 22 km/h max) and outdoors.
- The Virtual Race can be completed over several runs or in one go.
- The ranking is calculated on the overall timing on the basis of the GPX tracks provided between the first run (start) and the last run (finish). Thus, runners who choose to complete the Virtual Race in one single run will be ahead of those who have completed the it in several runs.
- In the event of a tie, the activity time (= time in motion) will be taken into consideration.
The geolocation data that the organization may collect will be used only for the purpose of validating the performance and will be considered as personal data. This information is subject to the same rules as other personal data in terms of access rights for modification and storage duration.
Protection of personal data
Participation in the UTWT Virtual Club implies the express and unreserved acceptance of these rules, of the privacy and data use policy and any instructions sent by the organizer to the participants.
According to the French data protection act of June 1st, 2019, you have: the right to rectification, right to erasure, right of restriction of processing, right to data portability, right to object, right to withdraw data protection consent for any information concerning you. This information is only used within the organization and concerns technical data such as your e-mail address. The organization does not use your data for any other purpose or does not operate profiling activities with personal data.